Adapted from Our Salty Kitchen
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, small, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 to 1 tsp red pepper flakes (depending on your spicy desire)
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed (but not completely)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley, divided
- 1 14 oz can cooked cannelini or white navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 6 eggs
- pinch sea salt & pepper
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion, stirring frequently for 5 mins. Add the garlic and saute for 1 min.
Add red pepper flakes, oregano, cinnamon, and paprika. Stir in until fragrant, about 1 min.
Reduce heat to low and add the tomatoes, 1 tbsp chopped parsley, salt & pepper. Stir to combine and simmer 10 mins.
Add white beans and spinach, stir, and simmer for 5 more mins.
Make a well (circle) in the tomato sauce. Crack an egg and carefully pour it in. Continue to do this with the next 5 eggs - making wells and adding an egg, one at a time. You can spoon some of the tomato sauce over the white of the eggs. Season the eggs with a bit of salt and pepper.
Increase heat to medium. Simmer until the whites are set, but the yolks are runny. This will take about 7 to 8 mins.
Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Portion onto plates.